TOMSA's MISSION IS TO RAISE ADDITIONAL FUNDS FROM THE PRIVATE TRAVEL AND TOURISM SECTOR ON A VOLUNTARY BASIS TO SUPPORT THE PROMOTION EFFORTS OF DESTINATION SA.
Compliance with this Code of Conduct is a condition of becoming a registered TOMSA Levy Collector:
- Support and encourage Local and International marketing and development efforts thereby contributing to the growth and sustainable development of South Africa.
- Respect the Constitution of South Africa and all relevant legislation.
- Protect and enhance the natural environment and resources of South Africa.
- Refrain from activities that might cause harm or discredit yourself and the Travel and Tourism Industry.
- Always provide accurate and unambiguous information regarding the TOMSA levy and ensure that no advertising material, brochures, websites, emails etc mislead the public or discredit the levy system and efforts.
- Clearly indicate that the TOMSA levy is charged and display the TOMSA logo where possible.
- Promote awareness and understanding of the TOMSA levy where possible at any appropriate forum to the public and organisations not already belonging to TOMSA.
- Actively participate in the activities, meetings and communication efforts of TOMSA.
- Inform TOMSA of any levy collectors who are not abiding by the TOMSA Code of Conduct.
- Registered levy collectors will abide by the Terms and Conditions of the TOMSA Agreement, and observe not only the Letter, but the spirit of the TOMSA Code of Conduct.
Any breach in the Code of Conduct or TOMSA Agreement may result in the termination of your TOMSA Contract.